Educated at UCLA, 1972. Teaching Credential Adult Education.
NEA Visual Artists Fellowship Grant, 1987.
Bemis Foundation Residency, 1988.
Texas Artist of the Year, 1990.
Rome Prize Fellowship, 1990-91.
Works included in over 100 solo, two-person, invitational and groups shows.
Recent one and two-person exhibits include:|
- "A New Look", Vaughan Christopher Gallery, Houston, TX, 2012;
- "Whatever It Takes", San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts, TX, 2011;
- Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, TX (Out of the Life of Bert L. Long Jr.), 2006;
- Rhode Island Foundation Gallery, Rhode Island School of Design, 2000;
- Pascal Robinson Galleries, Houston, 2000;
- Art Museum of South East Texas, Beaumont, TX, 1999;
- The Fabric Workshop, Philadelphia, 1993;
- Contemporary Art Museum, Houston, TX, 1992;
- Lyons Matrix Gallery, Austin, TX, 1992;
- Allan Stone Gallery, NYC, 1990;
- Dallas Museum of Art, 1988;
- L.A. Louver Gallery, Los Angeles, 1987;
- Butler Gallery, Houston, 1987, 1985.
Museum exhibits include:|
- EI Paso Museum of Art, 1999;
- Austin Museum of Art, 1999;
- Palm Springs Desert Museum, 1989;
- Art Museum of South East Texas, Beaumont, Texas; The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; The Menil Collection, Richmond Hall, Houston; The Aspen Art Museum, 1988;
- Phoenix Art Museum, 1987;
- "Fresh Paint", Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, 1985.
Invitational exhibitions include:|
- "Crossing State Lines, Texas Art from the Museum of Fine Arts. Houston", Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, 2000-2001;
- "6 Sculptors 2000", Pascal/Robinson Galleries, Houston, 2000;
- NYC Drawing Center; Butler Gallery, Houston, and the Barry Whistler Gallery, Dallas, 1988;
- Contemporary Arts Center, New Orleans; and Galerie Dario Boccara, Paris, France, 1987;
- T.V. Robinson Gallery, 1986;
- The Allan Stone Gallery, NYC, 1985.
Works in over 110 private and public collections.
Reviewed in over 120 periodicals, including:|
- The Houston Post; The Houston Chronicle; Architectural Digest; Dallas Morning News; and Dallas Time Herald, 1988;
- Art Forum International; Los Angeles Times; Los Angeles Harold Examiner; Art in America, 1987;
- New York Times; and Providence Journal, Providence, RI., 1985;
- and dozens of other publications.
- Pascal Robinson Galleries, Houston;
- L.A. Louver, Los Angeles;
- Allan Stone, NYC;
- Lyons Matrix Gallery, Austin, Texas;
- Stephen L. Clark Photography Gallery, Austin, Texas.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, NYC;
- Dallas Museum of Art, Dallas, Texas;
- Houston Museum of Fine Art, Houston, Texas;
- Arkansas Art Center, Little Rock, Arkansas;
- Bell Telephone, Houston, Texas;
- Highland Distributing Co, Houston, Texas;
- Contemporary Museum, Honolulu, Hawaii;
- Chicago Library;
- Grupo Larios, Spain;
- Instituto de Bachillerato "Mario Roso de Luna", Logrosan, Spain;
- Office of the Mayor, Berzocana, Spain;
- Fabric Workshop, Philadelphia;
- Art Museum of South East Texas, Beaumont, Texas;
- Dallas Morning News;
- Galerie Dario Boccara, Paris, France;
- SBC Collection of 20th Century Art, San Antonio, TX;
- Jack S. Blanton Museum, Austin, TX;
- El Paso Museum of Art, El Paso, Texas;
- Austin Museum of Art, Austin, Texas.